By now, most everyone has heard about essential oils and the many benefits they offer. They’re becoming a staple in many homes and most users couldn’t imagine living without them. Essential oils are derived from plants through an extraction process.
Pure, high-quality grade essential oils are all natural and very potent. The reason they’re steadily growing in popularity is that they have amazing therapeutic properties that can greatly enhance your quality of life in many ways.
Why use essential oils?
The answer is simple. Essential oils have the potential to enhance your life and they’re so versatile that you can use them in multiple ways. For example, use essential oils to enhance your mental, emotional and physical health, for cleaning and even for cooking. Take a look at some of the ways you can use one of my favorite essential oils, Wild Orange.
When you first open your bottle of Wild Orange, you will notice its fresh, invigorating aroma. It also has a variety of uses from aiding the digestive system to energizing the mind and body. Wild Orange has a high amount of monoterpenes, which gives the oil purifying and stimulating qualities that can help enhance immunity. The orange rind is also full of antioxidants that help maintain overall health.
Did you know oranges originated from Southeast Asia and have been grown for centuries? In many cultures, orange trees are known as a symbol of love and marriage.
How to Use:
- My all-time favorite use is to put a few drops of oil in my water. The water tastes delicious plus you get the benefits of antioxidants
- Diffuse Wild Orange by putting a drop in your palm, rubbing your hands together, then cupping them over your nose while you take a big breath in to increase your alertness and instantly lift your mood
- Add a few drops of essential oil to a body wash for an invigorating shower
- Mix it with some vinegar and water to clean and purify countertops, tables, and other surfaces
- Mix it with vinegar and olive oil to make a natural furniture polish
- Put three drops of Wild Orange in your bathroom sink or bathtub drains to help dispel unpleasant odors or grime. Be sure to let the oil evaporate before you run the water.
- Add a few drops in your garbage disposal to get rid of odor
- Wild Orange is a fun addition to your homemade beauty products. Make this DIY Whipped Body Butter the next time you want to add a little extra moisture to your skin after you use this Almond Orange Scrub. A word of caution though to avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying these scrubs and lotions.
PLUS one for the kids: Aromatherapy Play Dough is sure to please!
- Cook with it. Here are just a few recipes for you to try:
To join in the in the oily fun and get your oil questions answered, join my Facebook group Oils Are Essential with Karrie. Meet you over there!