By now, most everyone has at least heard about essential oils and the many benefits they offer. They’re becoming a staple in many homes and most users couldn’t imagine living without them. Essential oils are derived from plants through a delicate and lengthy extraction process. Much care is needed to preserve the quality of the oil being extracted.
Pure, high-quality grade essential oils are all natural and very potent. They’re believed to have amazing therapeutic properties that can greatly enhance your quality of life in many ways. This is the reason why they’re steadily growing in popularity. Still, there are many people who do not use them and who don’t really understand why they’re so popular.
So, you may ask, why use essential oils? The answer is simple. They have the potential to enhance your life and they’re so versatile that you can use them in multiple ways. For example, use them to enhance your mental, emotional and physical health, for cleaning and even for cooking. Let’s take a look at some of the ways you can use essential oils.
Why Use Essential Oils for Your Health?
Essential oils have many health benefits believed to enhance your mental, emotional and physical state. These oils are not a new fad that will pass away in a few short years. In fact, they’ve been used for centuries as a natural way to treat a wide variety of medical conditions. Now, they’re regaining popularity and they are more readily available to anyone over the counter.
These oils consist of organic compounds that have little or no side effects, which is why many users believe they’re safer than most over-the-counter and prescription medications used today. However, they are very powerful, so they must be used responsibly. If you’re searching for a more natural, holistic approach to treating all types of health issues, essential oils may be exactly what you’re looking for.
Here are a few examples of common health problems that people treat using essential oils:
- Lavender is known for its calming qualities that can ease anxious feelings and help you rest better.
- Induce feelings of peace and contentment and provide support for a healthy immune system with Frankincense.
- Cypress helps to fade blemishes when used topically and it may help you obtain healthy looking skin.
- Use Eucalyptus to promote the feeling of a clear, open airway so you can breathe easier when suffering from respiratory conditions such as allergies or bronchitis.
- Peppermint aids the digestive system and it can give you a quick energy boost when rubbed on your temples.
- If you suffer from nausea, poor digestion, gas or indigestion, a little Ginger may help.
- Lemon and Wild Orange support a healthy immune system and it may help improve your mood.
- Oregano may help support digestion in addition to supporting a healthy respiratory and immune system.
- Increase your spiritual awareness and improve your mood with Myrrh.
- The calm, soothing scent of Bergamot helps to reduce stress and negative feelings.
- Help promote a healthy complexion, even skin tone and reduce the appearance of imperfections with Rose oil.
- The antiseptic properties of Melaleuca (Tea Tree oil) may help minor cuts, scrapes, and abrasions heal faster.
Most essential oils do have multiple uses so you can switch around when treating different health problems and you also have the option of blending oils together to make your own special recipes.
Why Use Essential Oils for Cleaning?
Essential oils are so versatile that you can even use them to make your own cleaning supplies and doing so offers many benefits. For example, homemade cleaning supplies made with essential oils don’t contain any harmful chemicals like many commercial brand products do, so they’re considered safer to use even when cleaning children’s toys. Making your own cleaning supplies with essential oils may also be environmentally friendly because you’re not spraying chemicals into the air or washing them down the drain.
Some of the most popular oils used for cleaning include lemon, thyme, eucalyptus, and pine. These oils clean and disinfect your home as well as any commercial brand product and they’re so easy to make. Many recipes call for distilled water and your favorite essential oil. Fill a spray bottle with water, add a few drops of oil, shake and you’re ready to start cleaning.
Another reason to use essential oils for cleaning is that they will make your home smell wonderful while eliminating odors that linger in the air. You’ll also receive the health benefits associated with the oils you use when you inhale the aroma, so that’s another great reason to make your own cleaning supplies with essential oils.
Why Cook with Essential Oils?
Did you know that you can cook with certain essential oils? Not all of them are safe to ingest but some are and they offer a variety of benefits that include bringing out the natural flavor of many foods. For example, just a few drops of basil, lemon, ginger, thyme or rosemary essential oils will make your favorite dishes taste even better in addition to the health benefits these oils may offer.
When cooking with essential oils or using them to treat any health problem, use them sparingly. A little truly does go a long way and overusing these oils can cause problems, especially when taken internally. If you have any questions or concerns about an essential oil you’ve never used before, consult an aromatherapist before using and always use pure, high-quality grade oils, like doTERRA.
Join in the conversation and learn more over in my FaceBook group.
You are ready to help support and maintain your family’s health, START HERE.